Thursday, November 28, 2013

...journey to thanks...


...journey to thanks...

fraser colorado october 2013



Jesus has been calling me to a journey of thankfulness
in the little things
in the big things
in the things in between
this year alone He has blessed me with so many opportunities for thankfulness

He has blessed me with new amazing friends
both near
and far
heart connections that make friendships lasting ones

crazy experiences with my car like:
having my driver's door lock break, yes I heard the mechanical part on the inside break, 
and had to climb out of the passenger side
 but being convinced it was an attack of Satan I decided to pray against it and 
tried the door one more time...and...
it worked!
never had any problems with it since
or the time my battery was close to boiling point with battery acid shooting out of it
yes that was the same time I was so hungry for pizza and tried calling 2 places to order some but nobody answered...it was then I heard God nudge me to go get my battery checked first
I did...and I know He was with me...taking care of me
because had I gotten my pizza that battery may have blown before I got to AutoZone

this year has been a journey to listening to the voice of God
and trusting that He means it when He says He'll take care of me

it has meant stepping way, way out of my comfort zone to be a mentor
with Satan constantly trying to tell me I can't do it
he's right...I can't...but God can
it has meant speaking on a difficult subject at a seminar
hoping that people won't judge me by what I share
and clinging to Jesus' promises that what really matters is what He thinks
and being thankful and humbled that Jesus calls me to share what He has done in my life to reach some other hurting heart

this year has been a year of friends getting married
others breaking up
and being there for both 
the joy...and the tears

it has meant a friend moving away...and being thankful for times spent with her before
and the hope of going to visit her in Colorado

the year has been a year of transition on the job front...new position
training someone to take my place
and the freedom of letting go of the old and moving on to the new
seeing the hand of God so clearly in providing a less stressful position as He calls me to step into opportunities to serve others

He has led me to a renewed appreciation for family
especially Mom
it does something to your heart to sit in a waiting room for hours waiting for a positive verdict when your mom is having open heart surgery
knowing they do these surgeries successfully every day...
but what if she would be amongst the 10-15% that don't make it through
choosing to trust that even then...Jesus is there
sitting there seeing how hard it is for Dad seeing her like this
seeing the tender way he takes care of her even now as she is recovering
to be re-assured that after 51 years of marriage
 your parents have a deep and abiding love for each other

to have the opportunity to attend several women's conferences

so many blessings...way more than I mentioned
but I saved the high lights for last
for seven years I have longed and dreamed to attend  a Captivating Retreat, done by Stasi Eldridge and her ministry team Ransomed Heart in the mountains of Colorado
in all my imagining and dreaming I didn't imagine or dream great enough as to what 
the experience would truly be like
it wasn't about being pampered and waited on hand and foot
it was much better
it was about being ushered into learning to let Jesus pursue me passionately
to let Him have everything
my joy
my pain
my whole heart
to learn to be completely dependent on Him
to learn to embrace what He has created me to be as a woman
to learn to appreciate my femininity
a renewed longing to learn to embrace healing Jesus' way as fortold in Isaiah 61
to bring good news to the poor;[a]
    he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives,
    and the opening of the prison to those who are bound
to experience times of worship, prayers, tears, communion, long heart to heart talks, meal times, and more with 400 other women who want more of Jesus
to have all this take place with the amazing backdrop of mountains...and snow...and golden aspens
golden aspens I dreamed of seeing someday and God let me see them and snow at the same time 
the golden aspens and the snow were in October
the multiple feet of snow was in March
yes, I got to go twice
Captivating in March
Captivating Advanced in October
two amazing experiences I shall never forget...or regret

if...by now, you are thinking I lead some charmed life...please don't
I faced some of the most difficult times of my life this year as well, 
but I am finding that when I look at the amazing way God sustained me, my blessings are far greater
it is all a part of Jesus' relentless pursuit of my heart...my WHOLE heart
it is training ground for what He is calling me to
some of which I already know...others He is beginning to reveal
it is training ground for trust
for spiritual warfare
for learning to love people well
to let Jesus wipe my tears
to learn to look at the world around me with new eyes

to learn that Jesus is enough
that He is the only constant

october...minutes before the snow storm hit

october...golden aspens and snow

october...3 days after the snow

Stasi and I 

march...several feet of snow

amazing worship time...women from all over the US and other countries












No comments:

Post a Comment